Wednesday 4 December 2013

In true life, I veer from thinking that I can't stand living in a big city even one more day – there are just so many people that it feels unbearable – to other times, when I think it is so incredibly beautiful, full of so much fun, that it starts to even the balance on having given up living in a country of my compatriots, near family and oldest friends. This morning, the sunrise, so poorly captured by my cheap camera, made it one of those times. This photograph goes nowhere near showing how completely orange the sky was. I mean, completely. Orange. Orange sky in morning, sailors take warning. And, yes, I know that in the UK they say shepherd's take warning (yes, really, they do!) – it's just another one of those little cultural differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment