Saturday 14 June 2014

London bicycle commute

On my cycle ride home yesterday, I had to stop here and take a photograph. I mean, come on, this is a first-world capital city. Not what you'd expect. At least, not what I would expect, but I think this must be a legacy of growing up in New York City, which is the citiest city I've ever been to. Even Hong Kong, so I'm told, has a mountain in the middle of it (which I hope to see one day!). 




Anyway, I thought I would share these pictures as it goes some way to justifying why I (mostly!) like living here. It may be a big city, but it can still feel like the villages it started out as.

The view below I think of as my 'lifeline' picture, because from it I can see many of the places I've lived, loved and worked. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment